The Original Town Enhancement Plan was approved in 2004.
The Original Town Enhancement Plan identifies revitalization programs and partnerships for the six neighborhoods in the Original Town area
through 2009. This plan builds on the 1996 Original Town Enhancement Plan that provided the foundation for Olathe’s current neighborhood planning programs. The Original Town Enhancement Plan is intended to supplement, not supersede, the City’s Comprehensive Plan.
- Improve the appearance of Original Town Neighborhoods through organized neighborhood clean-ups;
- Revise the architectural review process;
- Enact Neighborhood Revitalization Program that allows municipalities to provide property tax rebates as an incentive for residents to invest in their property;
- Develop a program to promote historic preservation and the historic resources in Olathe;
- Install signage recognizing the Original Town and its neighborhoods;
- Develop a voluntary downzoning program to prevent conversion of single-family homes to commercial or multi-family uses;
- Establish neighborhood plans in each Original Town neighborhood by 2009.